Available: 2 lb Pint kit, 16 lb Gallon kit, 80 lb. Pail kit.
Polytek PlatSil 73-25 is a 1:1 mix platinum/addition-cure silicone that cures to a soft/mid-range hardness of A~25. This silicone is a blend of all the best properties available for a silicone mold rubber. PlatSil 73-25 is 1A:1B, by volume, so no scale is needed. The yellow colored Part A and green colored Part B make it easy to see when mixing is complete. A uniform, light, lime-green color means you're good to go! A mixed viscosity of 6,000 cP is easy to mix and pour and insures vacuum degassing is unnecessary. A 15 minute pour time coupled with a 4-5 hour demold time is the best of both worlds! PlatSil 73-25 does not shrink on cure and the resulting mold has great tear strength and easy release from all casting media. Molds made with 73-Series Silicones are excellent for casting many materials including polyester, epoxy and polyurethane resins and foams. The 73-Series Silicones are addition-cure, platinum-catalyzed systems, and offer advantages over tin-catalyzed systems in certain applications, because on curing they don’t shrink, they don’t produce alcohol (which can inhibit urethane castings), and their cure can be heat accelerated.
Polytek PlatSil 73-25 Features:
- Low viscosity for excellent reproduction of details and easy degassing.
- Easy mix ratios -- can use with dispensing machines
- Cure at room temperature or accelerate with heat
- Easy release properties -- save on release agents
- High tear strength -- fewer prematurely torn molds
- Good chemical resistance for longer mold life
- Low/zero shrinkage for better dimensional reproduction